Atrium Research acts as a trusted partner and advisor to its clients, providing a range of scientific informatics consulting services needed to complete projects on-time, on-target, and on- budget. Our focus is to assist clients to make strategic, business and technology decisions before making investments in vendor solutions. Through the gated Clarity, Vision and Enlightenment™ (CVE) process, the alignment of project success criteria with the business strategy assures the best return on technology investment.
Our service offerings include:
- Informatics strategy - clarity through the maze of vendor offerings
- Laboratory process analysis and optimization
- Informatics capability and functional requirements
- Project management
- Operations assessment
- Portfolio assessment and planning
- Change management
- Use case development
- Part 11/GLP/GMP compliance GAP analysis
- Project KPIs
- Project financial analysis (ROI/IRR/NPV)
- Education and training
- RFI/RFP development
- Vendor selection
Examples of recent client engagements:
- Optimized in vitro pharmacology screening process for top ten pharmaceutical company
- Led the development of a global bioprocess informatics strategy for top ten biopharmaceutical
- Planned and executed a process for the formation of a biologics discovery informatics strategy at top fifteen biopharma
- Created global CMC informatics strategy for top fiffteen pharmaceutical company
- Guided top ten pharmaceutical company from process analysis, use case, and requirements creation through product evaluation and selection for informatics products in Formulations, Global Analytical, and Pharmaceutics
- Worked with top five biopharmaceutical organization to optimize compound management processes for expedited biological screening
- Re-engineered processes in pharmacokinetics department at large pharma
- Assisted top ten pharmaceutical company re-engineer laboratory processes, define requirements, and select a commercial ELN product for DMPK and Bioanalytical
- Directed the ELN supplier evaluation process for a top five biotech
- Developed LIMS requirements for mid-sized biotech
- Reviewed current operations and developed ELN future state architecture for research and development in top five pharmaceutical company
- Managed externalization informatics strategic planning for top five pharmaceutical
- Helped mid-tier pharmaceutical company develop requirements and select an ELN vendor for medicinal chemistry, DMPK, and basic biology research
- Analyzed requirements and defined scientific data management strategy for a large US government agency research division
- Optimized process for bioanalysis TK reporting, reducing time to submission by 50%
- Executed workflow analysis, informatics strategy, and deployment roadmap for small biotech firm
- GxP compliance analysis of existing data repositories for mid-sized biotech
- Defined research informatics strategy and three year implementation roadmap for mid-sized biotech
- ELN analysis and vendor selection for top five biotechnology company
- General informatics training and future state analysis for mid-sized food processor
The core of our IT methodology is the Clarity, Vision and Enlightenment™ (CVE) process. Before embarking on any informatics project, it is necessary to understand the strategy of the business, the project goals, the benefits of the proposed project, and the alignment of those benefits to the strategy. However, it is not atypical for a laboratory informatics project to begin without clear strategy alignment, causing delays, and wasted expense and resources. The CVE process is designed help organizations clarify their objectives and deliverables, create a vision of technology and process improvements that will benefit the organization, and select the solution that supplies the best return on investment.
We first work with you to assesses the strategic direction of the organization and outline the business needs, goals and deliverables of the project through a series of interviews, research and analysis. In this phase, a feasibility study and business analysis determines the merits of moving forward as well as measurement criteria for determining project success. Process maps of the current work flow highlight specific opportunities of improvement in information bottlenecks, process variability or areas of regulatory concern that limit an organization to meet its strategic objectives. Business and infrastructure needs are outlined that will be the basis for determining the required functional specifications of the solution. By analyzing the potential project Return on Investment (ROI), clients can make a go / no-go decision and an acceptable level of investment.
We deliver a technology roadmap, suggested process improvements, and requirements that meet the success criteria of the project and the business objectives. The functional and nonfunctional requirements of the proposed solution, process optimization plans, resource requirements and projected costs are developed for review and approval by the project team and client management. A short list of potential vendor solution candidates is prepared for client review as well as any project risks and an update to the ROI analysis.
The next series of gates determines the best overall solution by analyzing and selecting systems that best meet the client's requirements. Requests for Proposal (RFP's) can be developed as well as managed vendor demonstrations, site visits, and supplier reference checks. A gap analysis is performed between the functional requirements and vendor offering, highlighting areas of customization, integration and tailoring. Clients leave prepared for system acquisition. By working with a network of partners, Atrium Research can recommend experienced developers who offer best-in-class scientific informatics integration and post-purchase custom software.
Why Atrium Research?
Atrium Research is the only market research and consulting organization dedicated to laboratory informatics. This makes us uniquely positioned to provide the services needed to help successfully achieve project objectives.
Experience: We have seasoned professionals who have been working in laboratory informatics over 33 years. This provides our clients a unique insight unparalleled in the industry. Not confined just to technology know-how, we have the business management and laboratory expertise to provide a proper balance and perspective.
Supplier-Neutral: We do not perform implementation services of vendor products. These services are best provided by companies who are closely aligned with a supplier and this tight linkage affects impartiality.
Knowledge: Through our market research efforts, we spend significant time reviewing vendor software, examining best practices, learning from market failure and success, and exploring industry trends. We pass this knowledge on to our clients. Our connections in the industry offer a market insight found no where else.
Not limited to LIMS: There are many LIMS consulting organizations. However, there are very few that have experience with ELNs, data acquisition, SDMS, ECM, cheminformatics, and other laboratory software technology. We bring a broad perspective about finding the right solution to requirements, not just what the company knows.
Affordable: Versus the big consulting organizations, we focus on quickly and affordably achieving project success.
Atrium Research provides considerable benefits to our client companies. By partnering with our clients, we strive to find the clarity they need in a maze of competing technologies. We help to:
Conserve money. By working with recognized industry experts, an organization can avoid the costs associated with trial and error. Companies gain from the experience and knowledge of why some organizations have succeeded and why others have failed. We minimize the possibility of selecting technology which will have a high total cost of ownership due to deficiencies which are not clearly identified by the manufacturer.
Conserve time. Through our independence and leadership, we provide the data and analysis that permit projects to stay on-track and on budget.
Conserve energy. Many professionals are doing the equivalent of two or three jobs already within their organizations. We offer facts and analysis to expedite project decision-making.
Protect your long-term investment. Through our experience and process, we can help select the right solutions for the long term from the uncertainty of vendor offerings.
Manage suppliers. We streamline the interaction with technology suppliers, permitting internal resources to be focused on project resource requirements.
Objective viewpoint. We have an objective viewpoint, separate from individual preferences of potential solution candidates.